Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So hey, remember that comic I wrote?

"Nah, there's nothing back there."

Yeah, I wrote a comic a while ago, and was thinking about it lately. It was published through Zeros2Heroes.com, which was an exciting little think-tank sorta deal, that in the heady winter of 2007 ran a sequence of contests [if you can call them that], whereby those pitches vetted by the community got produced as real life [cyber]comics. Above is a pin-up, I guess you'd call it, by the artist assigned to the project, Miguel Lopez.

It was all pretty rad, really. Only the first part of the four-part story was made, but it was made better than I thought it could have been made, so that's cool. If you can navigate the viewer and haven't been badgered by me into reading the finished book already at some point in the last 3 years, you can see it here:

ALMA: Jumbo the Elephant, Chapter One



So this blog originally contained all the pages of the book, the pre-inked variety, 'cause I love those versions. The inks and colours are lovely, don't get me wrong, but the raw pencils are just... I dunno. I can't explain it, really.

But then I remembered I'm not exactly the official owner of these pictures, so maybe I shouldn't just go putting up the images without, you know, being allowed to. There's contracts to consider, y'all. I'm keeping the above picture because I don't know if it was ever officially published, and while at the time it didn't fit my rigid vision of what the book should be, looking at it now, it's pretty badass. Plus, I need some picture in this thing.


Now, if I get the go ahead from the higher-ups, I do hope to be able to post the Colouring Book Edition of ALMA, so if you're having trouble [or crippling disinterest] in reading the book through the above, proper channels, I may be able to provide it to you here as well. We'll see, though. Stay tuned.

Oh, and might I add: Not a single mention of LEGO. That's maturity, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment